Thursday, May 20, 2021

Beef Noodle Soup Delivered to Your Door? How COVID is Rewriting Food Rules

An article on kqed led me to a kitchen named mumu's. They only have two products... Beef Noodle Soup, and beef tendon noodle soup. What's different is these are Taiwanese style.

And I must admit I hadn't tasted something like that in a decade. Maybe more.

So I order 4 servings... 2 regular, 2 tendon. It's 50 with free delivery.

What I didn't expect was it was delivered within hours. The bags still frosty and the soup pack still one solid block of ice.

So I decided to make one. I opened the regular beef one, and and I found one pack of uncooked noodles, one pack of beef, frozen, and one pack of soup, frozen.

To do a bit of shortcut, I put noodles in my favorite bowl (dollar tree square bowl), add enough hot water to cover, and microwaved it for 3 minutes.

In a separate pot, I dropped in the beef and soup. Basically melted the soup ice back into soup and heat up the beef again. Only took a few minutes. It could be done in the microwave, maybe next time.

The noodle by this time is done. I drained the water. Then put the noodles into the soup, which by this time is warm, and the edges are boiling.

So I turn off the heat and put the pot lid on. And waited another 3 minutes. Then poured all contents into the favorite bowl (the same one I boiled the noodles in).

And it is a good bowl of beef Noodle Soup. The price of 12.50 is a bit expensive, but considering the rarity of Taiwanese beef Noodle Soup, price seems reasonable.

I like it. Maybe once a month. 

No comments: