Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The Car that Got Away... Sorta?

Recently a couple channels featured "the car that got away", basically a car that one regret not keeping. 

I don't really have something like that. I have owned... 6 cars total in my life. Pontiac T-1000, Mercury Topaz, Ford Taurus, Oldsmobile Delta, Ford Contour, Volvo S70. Three of those are family hand-me-downs, and 3 I bought myself. So never was THAT attached to these. 

There was a car I never got the opportunity to own... But it never was offered to me. 

My grand uncle on my grandpa's side (my grandpa's sister's husband) drove nice cars: a Cadillac boat, and a BMW 5-series, the old one before Bangle mangled it. The classic one. 

I coveted that BMW for several years. :D  Until I found that my grand uncle traded it in for a newer model (but smaller) MB. 

No comments: