Friday, May 1, 2009

See, even Miss USA agrees...

Today (NBC program)Image via Wikipedia

Miss USA Kristen Dalton, the winner that night over Miss California Carrier Perjean, was interviewed by Al Roker of NBC's Today Show. When the topic came up, she stated:

"The beautiful thing about America is that we have the right to choose what partner we want to love, commit and spend the rest of our lives with," Kristen said.

"I think that all couples should be able to be recognized legally, to enter into a union. Whether or not that should be defined as marriage, I'll leave that to politicians."

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/04/kristen-dalton-supports-gay-marriage-carrie-prejean/

So essentially speaking, she is in support of "gay unions". Whether that's called marriage or not, that's a different problem. It's a more political answer than Carrie's, but that's because she's had a lot more time to think about it. And in all fairness, it's NOT that different from Carrie's answer:

“Well I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman. Thank you.”

In other words, she believes in gay unions. She just don't think it should be called "marriage".

Perhaps gay activists are getting a bit too big for their britches? At this rate, I'll have to join the conservatives, even though I consider myself a moderate.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: