This is where reporting got very hazy, as there are multiple reports, and while the major parts match, the details do not.
- San Francisco Chronicle's Report -- got pictures, but no idea where were the suspects arrested or what lead them to the suspects
- San Jose Mercury News Report -- says one of the robbery suspects is linked to another growhouse busted two weeks ago, but no details. A second report said they were not home at the time.
- KRON4 San Francisco News Report -- says one of the robbery suspects is linked to another growhouse with 540 plants
- San Bruno Police Log of that day : Robbery occured on April 29th, 2011 10:30PM, initially reported as potential home invasion
So you have to piece the information together from separate reports.
- Invasion was 29-APR-2011 2230 hours roughly, two men broken down door, then left after few minutes inside
- Address was given as city of San Bruno, 2300 block of Valleywood Dr.
- Neighbors called 911 and reported possible home invasion.
- Police arrived and found broken front door. They saw pot plants through broken door, called in narcs. They also put APB on vehicle and two suspects.
- Suspects caught in South San Francisco soon after.
- Search of vehicle produced 12000 in cash, baggies for pot, (but no pot), and 7 ecxtasy pills.
- One of the suspects in car was linked to another grow house busted by narcs 2 weeks prior.
- Sometime between the invasion and today, the two seniors, suspected pot grower of house that got broken into, was arrested.
- Nobody got bail (which was set at $100K EACH)
If you check the various news reports, none of them gave the full story. This was pieced together by reading through all the available reports. Why can't they just put in all the info at the same place? Sheesh.