Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Quick Review of EyeKeeper's Clearance Titanium Readers

Previously I talked about Eyekeeper and how I ordered TWO Titanium framed readers for $20. Well, are they any good? 

Given that I bought BOTH together for $20 that is tremendous value. My only complaint was these are shipped from China, so the label of "US Warehouse" was a bit misleading, and transit time was over a week. However, customer service was excellent, when they realized they don't have the reader in black. I told them to ship me gold or gunmetal and I got gold. 

Yes, the designs are pretty generic, but I am more interested in performance and robustness, not fashion. I've destroyed more than a few pairs of "fashion" readers just by wearing them (Gunnar / Razer, *cough*)

Oh, and BOTH pairs came with full sunglasses semi-hardcase and lenscloth. One even came with a drawstring cloth baggie. Not worth much, but it's the thought that counts, right? 

Okay, enough yapping. How does it look? Well, see for yourself. Here's the reader. Yes, I did try to bend the frame. It's not breakable, not that I try very hard. 


And here's the bifocal reader:


The bifocal reader has the magnifier area very close to the nosepads. For normal use you stare straight ahead and you barely notice those areas are there. But if you look downward you'll notice the magnified area. In the photo you can barely tell due to the dark amber tint, which is VERY blue-blocking. 

(And yes, I know my room's messy)

I did have to add a rubber "retainer" at the end of each arm to help hold the glasses in place, as they keep wanting to slip down my nose. But those are very cheap, like $2 for 10 pairs or something like that. 

Remember, you can get a discount at https://www.eyekeeper.com/ by using my discount code KASEYCHANG and this works on top of any applicable discount code. (i.e. they stack). 

Enjoy!


No comments: