Wednesday, February 10, 2021

To People Seeking Help on Craigslist: Leave a PROPER email!

For a second time in 2 months, I tried to reply to someone with a short computer gig on Craigslist, and found an "error" and was unable to reply. 

First time, someone was asking for a little help on a Coursera data science course I had taken before, and I was not going to charge a lot. $5, $10, very reasonable. Except when I click on reply, I got "an error has occurred".  Reload the page, retry, same thing. Cannot reply. 

Today, I ran into the same thing. 

A guy wants to rip his own DVD back into some sort of computer video so he can upload it to a video host. This is very easy if you have your own DVD drive... Handbrake can do it easily in 15 minutes (more if you have to transcode). And that's free. Then it's just a matter of upload, so I won't even charge the guy, just send him a link so he can do it himself. 

Same problem. Click on it, "an error has occurred". Cannot reply. 

So sorry if you end up paying somebody for something you can look up in a few minutes and do it in a few more minutes. But I can't help you because CL keeps throwing me errors. 

Best of luck. 

No comments: