Friday, May 24, 2024

Restaurant Review: Tommy's Joynt (1 star out of 5, do NOT recommend)

I was at CPMC Van Ness, and for lunch, I decided to try Tommy's Joynt, supposedly a San Francisco institution with a 75+ year history. Never been there, and now I've tried it, never going back. 

(Tommy's Joynt is at 1101 Geary, cross Van Ness)

I decided to try a "slim dinner plate", which is a meat entree (I picked "brisket"), and 2 sides (I picked mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables). 

This is what I actually got: 


Instead of "brisket", what I actually got was shredded beef. 

The mashed potato gravy have sweet bits, doesn't taste like gravy. 

The dinner roll was COLD. COLDER than the butter it was served with. 

And the "steamed vegetables"? I got BOILED string beans (yes, I saw him fished it out of a steel vat.)

I am NOT going back, EVER. 


No comments: