Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Why Is Decent Internet So Hard to Find in San Francisco? Part 2 of ???

Previously I have documented how hard it is to get good internet service at my location, practically downtown San Francisco. 

Today the drama continues. Apparently, Sonic needs to pair up with AT&T to confirm the linkup to my building, so AT&T knocked on my door today, asking me how to get access to the roof. 

I told him I have no access to the roof, and neither does the landlord. The last time AT&T came by (a couple years ago, to install my current DSL), they did it by getting onto the roof of the adjacent restaurant. And that's what I told the guy. 

Then he keeps telling me "that's impossible" because my building is one floor HIGHER overall than the restaurant building. There is no way he can climb up that far.  

I told him that's what the previous DSL tech told me, and it was a few years ago.

I think he failed to consider that perhaps the telephone box is NOT ON my building.  

I am pretty sure he just gave up, instead of actually climbing onto the restaurant roof and look for the phone box. 

Guess my Internet may be delayed, darn it. 

No comments: