Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Why Is Decent Internet So Hard to Find in San Francisco? Part 3 of ???

 I previously reported that the AT&T DSL Tech came out, and probably decided to not climb the roof claiming no one was there to let him into the building, and this is DESPITE me telling him personally that he will find the phone box on the roof of the adjacent building. 

Well, now it's confirmed. I got a notice from Sonic...

Greetings,

AT&T has reported that no one 18 years of age or older was available on site to grant their technician access to your phone box for delivery of the lines for your new Fusion service. We will need to reschedule your appointment for a date when someone will be available to grant access...

My reply to Sonic:
Dear Sonic Support, 

I told the AT&T guy that the phone box is on the rooftop of the ADJACENT building. And must be accessed through the restaurant roof at 28 Waverly. He refused to listen to me. Keep mumbling "it's not possible, I can't climb a whole floor up". He did not even get on the restaurant roof to look for the box. 

That's what the PREVIOUS AT&T guy told me when my DSL was first installed a few years back. I don't know what to tell you. 

I know it's not Sonic's fault. It's AT&T for not keeping proper access notes, i.e. go in here, do that. It's not a dis for AT&T... They are huge, and not all techs can know everything. But not keeping detailed notes on how to access a certain junction box is just bad practice and not passing down institutional knowledge.  

A new tech was supposed to turn up yesterday, but I didn't see anyone. Maybe that guy or gal knew more about the install. Who knows? Will await next update from Sonic. 

No comments: