Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Why is Decent Internet So Hard to Find in San Francisco: Addendum 1

Previously I have finally got my Sonic Internet up and running. But I keep forgetting to cancel my AT&T service, so today I actually set a reminder to do so. 

I opened up my account and called the service number I saw. 

It asked me "why are you calling", so I said "cancel service". 

It forwarded me to a number that rang about 100 times, then hung up. 

Try again. 

This time, it forwarded me to a number with voicemail in Spanish. 

I then noticed that I may have called the wrong number in AT&T. The number I saw was for wireless service? Why is it showing me this when I don't have wireless service with AT&T??!?!?!

So I tried a different number after clicking on support, then call. I got almost the same voice prompt, but this time, I was connected to "Mike" almost immediately. 

After about 15 minutes, I got the confirmation that I'm done. Just need to mail the modem back, by taking the modem and power brick to any UPS or Fedex store location. Else they'll charge me $150 for equipment.  

Good thing I have one about one block away.  

EDIT: And it's gone. 


No comments: