Saturday, March 27, 2021

Why is Decent Internet So Hard to Find in San Francisco: Part 5 of 5 (CONCLUSION!)

Okay, folks. I now have upgraded my Internet. 32-40 Mbps downstream (not quite "up to 60"), but much better than 14-16 I used to get. And upstream? Steady 6 Mbps with occasional blips to 8, compared to barely 1Mbps before. 

And this technician knew exactly what to do. And he's from Sonic, not AT&T. As I reported previously, that other guy was useless. 

However, the work is not done. My new router is up, so HALF of everything is working. This PC and most tablets are good. 

But none of the IOT devices are working, because I haven't been able to rename the new DSL modem's AP into my old name just yet. 

But that's mainly my fault. And I got it working eventually. 

Now I just need to cancel my AT&T service... 

No comments: